SPLC Benefit Record Sticker

Benefit Record for the Southern Poverty Law Center

Pre-order

We're pleased to announce a benefit record to support the Southern Poverty Law Center. The record features new songs from Patterson Hood (Drive-By Truckers), Bonnie 'Prince' Billy, William Tyler, and Adam Torres. The artwork for the record is photographs taken from Maude Schuyler Clay's book, Mississippi History, which was published by Steidl in 2015. The 12-inch vinyl EP will contain four tracks on the a-side and a "Resist Fear. Assist Love" etching, by artist Nathaniel Russell, on the b-side. The record is being pressed in a limited edition of 1000 copies. The first 500 copies will be on colored vinyl. You may preorder the record now.

Listen

Press

Stereogum

SPIN Magazine

Stereogum

Pitchfork

Uncut Magazine

Pre-order the Record

We'll be announcing a release party event in Oxford, Mississippi for the record very soon.

The Southern Poverty Law Center is dedicated to fighting hate and bigotry, and to seeking justice for the most vulnerable members of our society. Using litigation, education and other forms of advocacy, they work toward the day when the ideals of equal justice and equal opportunity will be a reality.

This project would not have been possible without the work of the artists involved, Patrick and the Fat Possum Records crew, Clay Jones, Memphis Record Pressing, Confit web dev, chef Hugh Acheson, Wilson McBee, Langdon and Maude Clay, perfect_pallet, AIMS, Amanda Pitts at Chromatic Publicity, the fine folks of Oxford, Mississippi, our customers at the record store, and all those out there fighting the good fight during these weird times.

All profits from the sale of this record will go directly to the Southern Poverty Law Center. The donation period for this project will remain open until the record sells out. Our goal is to raise at least $10,000 for the SPLC with this project.. 80% of the purchase of the record will go to the SPLC, with the other 20% covering the high cost of manufacturing the record.

More information coming very soon